Tone. Tradition. Innovation.
Fenderís new American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS is for the demanding guitarist who wants to squeeze a little bit more out of their instrument. A compound radius fretboard allows exhilaratingly effortless string bending anywhere along the neck, and two new N3 noiseless pickups supercharge your sound with improved Stratocaster tones while the DH-1 humbucking bridge pickup is right there when you need to take everything up to 11 - and all minus the hum!
Reconfigured S-1 switching offers even more knockout tonal options. The all-new passing lane switch instantly routes your signal from any pickup position to the bridge position with the tone circuit bypassed, blasting overtones and volume straight into the Strat-osphere.
Other features include staggered locking tuners, LSR roller nut, two-point synchronized American Deluxe tremolo bridge with pop-in arm, and beveled neck heel.
The Fender American Deluxe Strat Amber HSS 2010 Features:
- Select Alder Body
- Maple Neck (Modern C Shape - Satin Urethane Finish)
- Rosewood or Maple fingerboard, 9.5 to 14 Compound Radius (241 mm to 355.6 mm)
- 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Pickups: 1 Fender DH-1 Humbucking Pickup (Bridge), 1 x Noiseless N3 Strat Pickup (Middle),
1 x New Noiseless N3 Strat Pickup (Neck)
- Controls: Master Volume (with S-1 Switch), Tone 1. Neck Pickup, (Neck and Middle Pickups in Positions 4. and 5. with S-1 On), Tone 2. Middle and Bridge Pickup and (Neck, Middle and Bridge Pickups in Position 3. with S-1 On)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade and 2-Position Push/Push S-1, 2-Position Push/Push Passing Lane Switch
- S-1 Switch Up (Off), Passing Lane Switch (Up) Off: Position 1. Full Bridge Humbucking Pickup with Coils in Series (Lead Tone Control), Position 2. Middle Pickup and Inside Coil of Bridge Humbucking Pickup in Parallel (Lead Tone Control), Position 3. Middle Pickup (Lead Tone Control), Position 4. Neck and Middle Pickup in Parallel (Lead and Rhythm Tone Controls), Position 5. Neck Pickup (Rhythm Tone Control)
- S-1 Switch Down (On): Position 1. Full Bridge Humbucking Pickup with Coils in Series, and in Series with Middle Pickup (Tone 2.), Position 2. Full Bridge Humbucking Pickup with Coils in Series, in Series with Middle Pickup. Special Tone Capacitor is in Parallel with Middle Pickup (Tone 2.), Position 3. Full Bridge Humbucking Pickup with Coils in Series, in Parallel with Middle Pickup, and in Series with Neck Pickup (Tone 2.), Position 4. Middle Pickup and Neck Pickup in Series, with Special Tone Capacitor in Parallel with Neck Pickup (Tone 1. and Tone 2.), Position 5. Middle Pickup and Neck Pickup in Series (Tone 1.)
- Passing Lane Switch Down (On): All Positions: Full Bridge Humbucking Pickup with Coils in Series Directly to Output. No No-Load Control, No Tone Control, No Volume Control
- Fender Deluxe 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Pop in Arm
- Fender Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Locking Tuning Machines
- Chrome Hardware
- 3-Ply Brown Shell Pickguard
- Scale Length: 25.5 (648 mm)
- Width at Nut: 1.6875 (43 mm)
- Unique Features: Copper Infused High Mass 100% Metal Bridge Block, 3 Tall, 3 Short Staggered Locking Tuning Machines, S-1 Switching, LSR Roller Nut, White Pearloid (Rosewood Fingerboard) or Black Pearloid (Maple Fingerboard) Dot Position Inlays, Highly Detailed Fret Work, Aged Knobs and Switch Tip, 4-Bolt Neck Attachment with Micro-Tilt Adjustment, Bi-Flex Truss Rod System, Parchment Knobs and Pickup Covers, Rolled Fretboard Edges
- Includes Fender/SKB High-Tech Molded Rectangular Case, Cable, Strap, Polishing Cloth