946-950 Blackpool Road, Lea
Preston, Lancs, PR2 1XN
Opening hours: Mon, Fri, Sat 9am - 5.30pm
Tue, Wed, Thu 9.00am - 8pm
Tel : 01772 722468
|Home - Keyboards||. PA3x .. PA50 .. PA588 .. PA600 Arranger Keyboard .||Part-Exchange Welcome|
Korg PA3x Pro Keyboard
Stock : 0
Call 01772 722468 to order
Current Price £3199.00 ----
I was very happy. I look at new products from a retailers point of view and then as a musician. I instantly make comparisons with the UK market leader and extremely successful Tyros4, and then I think what would it do for me.
The appearance of the Korg PA3x is smart rather pretty. The buttons are laid out in neat functional rows. The sliders are exactly right, easy to manipulate with a long draw for precise control. The screen stays the same size as previous models although is quicker to react.. The right hand cheek of the keyboard is millimetres in width, the left hand side accommodates the joystick and is just right. There is no space wasted but everything has a button and its laid out very well.
This is going to be a working keyboard for many musicians so build quality is important. The Korg PA3x is extremely solid, it has a metal case that doesn`t flex and you feel confident that its well up to the job for a gigging musician. Its physical dimensions are really comfortable for carrying and manipulating.
Comparisons to the Tyros4 are difficult because it feels that the Korg PA3x has been developed for its own sake rather than to compete and I think this is good. Although Korg sell far fewer keyboards than Yamaha in this country, abroad and particularly the Mediterranean it`s a completely different story.
The voicing of the PA3x is a combination of tried and tested voices with brand new super responsive voices. The strings are world beaters and the Pianos are much improved . It was difficult to judge if the voices were better than Tyros because it was a noisy room the 2 were not side by side.
The styles have been improved over the PA2X models and because Korg work in such a different way to Yamaha they feel completely different, they have more of a live feel. You`ll find yourself liking Yamaha`s styles or Korg`s styles.
Ease of use on keyboards is very important, if its easy youll use it if its not you wont. It`s the old video recorder scenario. Yamahas Music finder is massively better than Korg. One touch settings are personal taste. The Korg has a huge array of pre programmed registrations. I could spend all day doing comparisons and I think the simple point is that Korg have listened, caught up, but again theyve done it their own way.
The PA3x records in MP3 format or midi format, it has the TC helicon voice processor, it can load and create sample data with plenty of on-board memory, these new features are easy to use and included in the price.
The feature that did it for me above everything else is so simple and so useful it make`s me want to buy the Korg. Its a looper , it has its own buttons . Its like the ethereal rhythms on the Yamaha, cats eyes in the middle of the road, ground breaking but simple. I play guitar and piano to a medium standard and I love boogie and blues. I can sit for hours playing 12 bar blues on either and here I can practice both.
Top end keyboards are all brilliant and developments become harder and harder to make. Quality ease of use and new technologies all play their part. So when we get to look at a new product were just a little sceptical of how much better it can be. The Korg PA3x updates it`s predecessor in every way, it gives retailers something to shout about. We can say to all of our customers ` You have to try the New Korg PA3x it`s fantastic`.
Prices are not confirmed but will be comparable to Tyros4. Shipping has been delayed slightly because of the Events in Japan
KORG Pa3X 76 Professional Arranger Workstation Specifications
Sounds / Drumkits
User area: 512 Sounds, 128 Drum Kits
Real Drum Ambience
Digital Drawbars: 9 Footages
Realtime controls: Assignable Sliders
Sampling: Record, Edit, Time Slice, Compression Tool, Load/Import of Korg, Wav, AIFF and Akai files; Export of Wav and AIFF files
PCM RAM Memory: 128 MB standard (equivalent to 256 MB linear data), expandable up to 256 MB (equivalent to 512MB linear data) with the optional EXB-M256 memory expansion board
Performance / STS
STS: Memorize Realtime tracks and Voice Processor settings, up to 4 x 1200 Styles, up to 4 x SongBook entries
Mp3 Player / Recorder
"i-Series" models: Styles
Pa series: Style, Performance, Program/Sound, Song, SongBook, Pad
Hard Disk / Mass Storage
DVD-CD Player / Floppy Disk
Dimensions (W x D x H)
* Helicon is a registered trademark of TC-Helicon Vocal Technologies Ltd.
Pa AS - Pa Amplification System for Pa3X (76 and 61 keys)
Dimensions (W x D x H)
KORG Pa3X - Professional Arranger Workstation
Better than ever. The Korg Pa Series has a new flagship: the Pa3X, the most realistic, powerful, and easy-to-use arranger workstation ever produced. For years, Korg’s Pa Series has been the most respected, envied, and successful line of interactive arranger workstations on the planet. Once again, Korg has raised the standard of excellence by offering new, richer, and more realistic sounds; creating amazing new features, and offering a fresh – yet elegant – design. Meet the Pa3X. Listen and Believe.
• Massive internal ROM – plus up to 256 MB of user PCM data (equivalent to 512 MB*) –provides an extraordinarily powerful wave memory, delivering the best sound quality possible
• Three assignable switches, a four-way joystick, and our unique ribbon strip ensure total control for the many available levels of sound articulation (DNC)
• Choose either 61 keys or 76 semi–weighted keys; both with velocity and aftertouch
• Elegantly designed and reliable aluminum cabinet
• TouchView™ TFT display; 76-key model features a motorized tilting display
• Professional graphic interface with new Search facility for quickly locating musical resources
• High-fidelity, optional amplification/speaker bar with Korg’s own Easy Connect system (no support, cables, or additional power supply needed)
• Self-refreshing PCM Data memory backup – supported by our own Intelligent Re-Charge system – ensures fast startup
• Improved Style and Performance selection, Over 400 factory Styles; each with 4 variations and 4 Fill In + Break, plus 15 user banks for unlimited storage of your favorite customized or user created Styles and settings
• Enhanced Guitar Mode 2 for even more realistic guitar parts
• Chord Sequencer function records any chord progression on-the-fly
• Up to 8 Stereo Effects at once, including flexible Master and Insert routing for Styles and songs. New Vintage Effects from the acclaimed SV-1 Stage Vintage Piano
• New TC-Helicon ® Vocal Processor (VoiceLive2 derived) with dedicated professional effects
• Adaptive Mic Setting provides a virtual sound engineer to automatically set the best EQ/Compressor/Gate settings for your voice
• Professional Final Mastering tools from “Waves Audio” plugins “MaxxAudio ™ ” suite.
• New Double MP3/MIDI files player and recorder with Advanced Vocal Remover.
• Enhanced compatibility with Lyrics in graphical format (+G) for MIDI files and MP3 files.
• New Audio Chord Detection function that automatically extracts chords to send to the Vocal Processor from MP3 files.
• Enhanced sound compatibility for GM songs.
• Multi-language extended character set. Lyrics can be showed in their original languages (except the Oriental and the Arabic Languages**).
946-950 Blackpool Rd Lea
Preston PR2 1XN
Tel : 01772 722516
|Disclaimer : every effort is made to keep pages accurate but we cannot guarantee accuracy. Please call us for confirmation|
Korg PA3x Pro Keyboard