- Mon / Fri / Sat
- 9.00am - 5.30pm
- Tue / Wed / Thur
- 9.00am - 8.30pm
- Sales01772 722468
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yamaha Yamaha MX88 Synthesizer With Free Gigbag And 40th Anniversary Pack
£779.00 RRP £945
1 In Stock
Example Deposit: £77.90
Below are example finance options available for you. The deposit amount is adjustable at checkout to suit you.
- 12 Months 19.9% APR - £64.37 P/M
- 24 Months 19.9% APR - £35.09 P/M
- 36 Month 19.9% APR - £25.44 P/M
Yamaha MX88 Synthesizer - An authentic piano feel with more than 1000 sounds from the legendary Motif series. Sounds and performances can be transferred to a computer directly via USB due to the integrated audio and MIDI interface. Cubase AI included.
The Yamaha MX88 offers an authentic piano feel while more than 1000 sounds from the legendary Motif series offer a multitude of options. Sounds and performances can be transferred to a computer directly via USB due to the integrated audio and MIDI interface. The MX88 also acts as a remote for DAW software like the included Cubase AI and provides multiple controller elements. Even with all this functionality, the MX88 is still a lightweight solution perfectly suited for onstage use weighing in at just 13.9kg.
Grand piano sound and authentic keys for perfect performance
Being the MX series' top model, the MX88 combines the " Concert Grand Piano" of the Motif series with a Graded Hammer Standard keyboard for genuine grand piano feeling. The lower keys are more heavily weighted than the higher notes so the instrument responds to the player in an exceptionally "acoustic" way. The sound generation of the Full Concert Grand combines the authentic keys with precise basses, clear mids and natural highs. Yamaha looks back upon more than one hundred years of building pianos, and it shows in the creation of the velocity curve that provides the musician with a powerful tool of musical expression. 128 notes of polyphony make sure that every key can develop its full potential both on the stage and in the studio.
Musical centrepiece for project and home studios
The MX88 transfers music directly into the computer. The built-in audio interface transmits a stereo channel via USB to a computer or iOS device. The MIDI interface also allows to deploy the MX88 as a master keyboard for other synthesizers and samplers, or to trigger its synthesis engine from external MIDI sources. The new MX flagship can even control the parameters of recording software with its various knobs. Through these comfortable controlling options, the MX88 integrates seamlessly into modern production environments while retaining its qualities as an expressive instrument with outstanding sound.
Even more sound with FM Essential App
Like its smaller siblings MX49 and MX61, the MX88 can communicate directly with smartphones and tablet computers to expand its capabilities even more. Connecting the MX88 to the FM Essential iOS App adds an FM synthesis engine with 256 voices for iconic 80s sounds or driving EDM. What is more, Virtual Circuitry Modelling grants the sound of meticulously emulated vintage effects and high-end studio equipment. VCM mimics the characteristics of original component parts to achieve sounds that are exceedingly close to the analogue circuits.
Recording studio included
With Steinberg Cubase AI, a comprehensive music production suite is included with the MX88. Up to 32 audio tracks in 24-bit/192 kHz and 48 MIDI tracks with their respective editing options render the combination of MX88 and Cubase AI an extensive package for music production in a home studio environment.
Yamaha MX88 Specifications
- 88 Note GHS Weighted Keyboard
Size & Weight
- Width: 1320mm
- Height: 405mm
- Depth: 168mm
- Weight: 13.9kg
Tone Generator & DSP
- Engine Type: AWM2
- Maximum Polyphony: 128 notes
- Multi Timbral Capacity: 16 parts (Internal)
- Wave ROM: Approx.166 MB (when converted to 16-bit linear format)
- Voices: Preset: 1,106 Normal Voices + 61 Drum Kits, GM: 128 Normal Voices + 1 Drum Kit, User: 128 Normal Voices + 8 Drum Kits
- Performance: User: 128 (16 parts)
- Effects: Reverb x 9 types (42 presets), Chorus x 17 types (88 presets), Insertion Effect x 48types (267 presets) x 4, Master EQ (5 bands)
Local & Remote Controls
- Sequence Software compatible with the Remote Control function:
Windows: Cubase 8 or later, SONAR X2 Producer
Mac: Cubase 8 or later, Logic Pro X, Digital Performer 9
Controllers: Pitch Bend Wheel x 1, Modulation Wheel x 1, Assignable Knob x 4, [DATA] dial x 1
Display: 3 digit LED + 20 x 2 line character LCD (backlit)
Connectivity & Power
- Connections: OUTPUT [L / MONO] / [R] (standard phone jack), [PHONE] (standard stereo phone jack), [FOOT CONTROLLER], [SUSTAIN], MIDI [IN] / [OUT], USB [TO HOST] (Class Compliant support)/ [TO DEVICE], [AUX IN], DC IN
- Power Supply: 9 W
- Included Accessories: AC adaptor (PA-150B or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha), Owner' Manual, Cubase AI Download Information