- Mon/ Fri/ Sat
- 9.00am - 5.30pm
- Tue/ Wed/ Thur
- 9.00am - 8.00pm
- Sales01772 722468
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yamaha DGX640 Digital PIANO Walnut
This instrument is discontinued
Yamaha`s most piano-like Portable Grand ever, with a weighted Graded Hammer Standard keyboard action and wide selection of piano voices. Selecting a sound is as easy as keying in a number, and recording virtuoso performances is simple with the built-in recorder. The Yamaha Education Suite and USB connectivity add extra functionality.
Features of the Yamaha DGX640 Walnut Include:
- Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) Keyboard with matte finish on black keys: Just as on a traditional acoustic piano, the keys of the lower notes have a heavier touch, while the higher ones are more responsive to lighter playing. The keyboards sensitivity can even be adjusted to match your playing style. This Graded Hammer technology also enables the instrument to provide authentic touch in a lightweight instrument. The matte finish of the black keys enhances the keyboards luxurious appearance.
- Amazingly Realistic and Dynamic Sounds: Yamaha`s highly acclaimed `Sweet!` and `Cool!` Voices deliver an incredibly natural and very dynamic sound. A blend of long, stereo and multi-layered samples is used to fully capture the natural presence, resonance, expression and vibrato of the real instrument. Use the Pitch Bend wheel and hear these Voices - especially the Sax and Trumpet - truly come alive!
- Digital Signal Processor (DSP): 237 types of the DSP effect can be added to the Main and Dual Voices. These range from reverb-like ambience effects to distortion and other dynamic processing tools that let you enhance the sound, or completely transform it.
- Easy Song Arranger: In addition to each songs default style, you can select any other style on the Yamaha DGX640 to play the song with the Easy Song Arranger feature. This means that you can play a song that is normally a ballad, for example, as a bossa nova, as a hip-hop tune, etc. You can create totally different arrangements by changing the style with which a song is played. You can also alter the songs melody Voice and the keyboard Voice for a complete change of image.
- Performance Assistant Technology (P.A.T.): Play along with a song on the instruments keyboard and produce a perfect performance every time - even if you play wrong notes! All you have to do is play on the keyboard - alternately on the left- and right-hand ranges of the keyboard, for example - and you will sound like a pro so long as you play in time with the music.
- Music Database plus External Files: You want to play music in your favorite style, but you`re not sure how to select the best Voice and style for the type of music you want to play. Simply select the appropriate style from the Music Database on the DGX640. The panel settings will automatically be adjusted for the ideal combination of sounds and style! Furthermore, this instrument allows Music Database files transferred from a computer or stored on a USB flash memory device. These files can be used in the same way as the internal Music Database.
- USB TO DEVICE: The USB TO DEVICE on the instrument allows you to connect USB memory devices such as flash drives or hard drives, enabling you to save or load registrations and user songs created on the instrument, as well as read data from the connected device such as MIDI files or style files.
- USB TO HOST: Dive in and take advantage of the wide world of computer music software. Connections and setup are exceptionally easy, and you can play back your computer-recorded parts with different instrument sounds - all from a single instrument.
- Easy Performance with Music Notation Display: When you play back a song on the DGX640, the corresponding score will be shown on the display. This is a great way to learn how to read music. If the song contains lyric and chord data, the lyrics and chords will also appear on the score display.
- Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.): Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.) is an advanced set of helpful learning tools built into the instrument, letting you teach yourself how to play and perform. Y.E.S. helps you master a song with easy lesson steps. Each lesson can be done in isolation with either your left hand or right hand, or both.
- Optional three-pedal unit (LP-7A): The pedal unit has three foot pedals that produce a range of expressive effects similar to those produced by the pedals on an acoustic piano.
The Yamaha DGX640 Digital Piano Walnut comes with a matching wooden stand and back panel so it looks good anywhere in the home. It also comes supplied with a music rest, manual, power supply and a basic floating sustain pedal.
Yamaha DGX640 Digital Piano Specifications
- GHS Keyboard with matte black finish key
- 535 Voices
- 64 Note Polyphony
- New Live! Grand Piano Main Sound
- Featured Voices: 4 Pianos (Live! Grand Piano, Live! Pop Grand, Live! Warm Grand, Ambient Grand Piano), 9 Live! Voices, 7 Cool! Voices, 8 Sweet! Voices
- Effects: Reverb (35 types), Chorus (44 types), DSP (237 types), Preset Master EQ (5 types), Dual & Split Voice Mode, Harmony/Echo (26 types), Panel Sustain
- 165 Preset Styles
- User Styles
- Compatible File Format: SFF
- 2 Variations
- 2 Fingering
- Multi/Full Keyboard
- Song Playback
- Number of Preset Songs: 30
- Compatible File Format: SMF
- Recording: Number of Songs - 5, Number of Tracks - 6 (5 Melody + 1 Chord)
- User Song to SMF Converter
- Score Display
- Lyric Display
- Compatible Data Format: XF
- Overview Demo
- Easy Song Arranger
- Music Database: Number of Songs - 300 and more
- Tempo: 11 to 280
- Transpose: -12 to 0, 0 to +12
- Tuning: -100 to +100 cents
- Pitch Bend Range: 1 to 12
- Metronome Facility
- Yamaha Education: Waiting,Your tempo, Minus one, Suite (Y.E.S.), Repeat & Learn
- Controller: Pitch Bend Wheel
- Chord Dictionary Performance assistant technology: Chord, Melody, Chord/Free, Chord/Melody
- One Touch Setting
- Registration Memory: 4 Pads x 8 Banks
- Pedal: Sustain or Optional 3 Pedals (LP-7A)
- Display: Type, Full Dot LCD - 320 x 240 Dots, Size - 98mm x 65mm (backlit)
- Storage: Flash Memory
- External Storage Device: USB Flash Memory
- Compatibility: GM, XG lite
- Aux. Jacks: Phones (/Output)
- USB TO HOST / USB TO DEVICE
- Amplifier: 6W x2
- Speaker Size: 12cm x 2 + 3cm x 2
- Walnut Finish (Cherry also available)
- Korg PA588